Dear Sir - What Your Presidency Has Meant To Me

What Your Presidency Has Meant To Me

Dear Sir,

I see you giving interviews and you look so tired.  I know what that is like.
I see you working yet trying to enjoy your life. I know what that is like.
I see the horrible aspects of America but that's not all there is...

Dear Sir,

I was born in 1966. I have not killed anyone.
I raised two sons on my own.  I did not succumb to drugs.
I am painfully poor yet have worked very hard. It does hurt my feelings sometimes.
Yet every day, I try to eat what my body needs and get some good peaceful sleep.
When I awake, I give 110% wanting all of those who stood for me when I couldn't stand for myself to be just a little proud of me.

Dear Sir,
I am 49 years old and through all I have suffered...
Through all my Niagara of tears and walls of humiliation...I am proud of myself...
Why? I did all I could do...that's why
I get up each and every day and I try
Today, I am achingly alive...
But when I die, let my tombstone read:

"Here lies the body of Coletha Albert - She Tried"

My Lord, give me the strength to do what I can
The wisdom to know what is out of my hands
The power to leave what is not my responsibility where it slivers...

Be well, Dear Sir, Be Well!!

Comments

Popular Posts