Emmys 2017: Donald Glover on Making History With Double Emmy Win, Talks ...

Donald Glover, 33 years old.
I don't know who this man is and have no idea why he won an Emmy!
But, hey, good for him...
I really feel because of my upbringing, I missed a lot of positive things and a lot of negative things from American culture. I had the chance to grow up and ignore many of the manipulations and deceptions because I was raised to believe it had nothing to do with me.
A lot of the social programming that Black women are subjected to, I am not.
I was not born free.
I was raised free.
I am thankful for that.


It is a Situation...
One of the only channels I could watch on television when I was being raised was ABC and sometimes CBS - NBC was never a channel we could get because the reception was so poor...

My favorite show when I was a child was Davey and Goliath...my brother Tony and I would watch and we loved it. It was a beneficial show for us.

It is funny what triggers memories of my childhood these days and how I survived.

Comments

Popular Posts