May Means Opportunity and Work

Every May is so hard for me...I just can't wait for November....the summer is bitter sweet for me...

I am looking for work and am a published writer...proceeds go to The Joseph Albert Foundation, Seattle to publish more titles that help teens transition to adulthood. This time in life is make or break time for many youth. Sure, some believe life is sink or swim/fly or fall and this is true. As a mother who buried her 22 year old son I know the sinking begins long before they must leave "the nest". Some children need more time...In Italy and Norway children are nurtured as long as they need it. Many adult children in Norway never leave home. Oh yes, I remember "Failure to Launch" the movie however I have seen so many elderly parents fall prey to contractors and con artists for example, Jennifer Lewis - a global star, was conned by a man she met while working out. He charmed her out of $50,000. Ms. Lewis never married and has no children. Well, I did have children and I took care of my child. I was there everyday. I taught him all I could and took care of him when he was sick and helped him feel safe. When he came of age he began to struggle. I saw it in 19 year olds in college who struggled, many of them committing suicide and everyone just moved on with their lives. But what about us mothers? We are the ones who continue to visit graves of babies we brought into the world. We know the heartache of never holding our grandchildren as newborns of that joy and pride in our child's eyes. Moments of joy and laughter that will never happen. Memories of Christmases and Birthdays that will never be. The Joseph Albert Foundation stands in that gap for those young people who can't or won't talk to their mothers about their fears, plans and worries. No one heard Joseph and he couldn't or wouldn't talk to me. He didn't trust people. He did tell me that...I rushed in with ideas and advice, he just needed me to listen but I panicked. I was too close. I was scared out of my mind. I buried my little boy on July 7th, 2013. He was murdered in Seattle, Washington on June 30th, 2013. Will you support my foundation and the work I do?  I do work outside of my foundation...here is my social media: https://www.facebook.com/joeduecefoundation https://www.linkedin.com/in/coletha-albert/ https://cyalbert2003.wixsite.com/coletha

Comments