Hurricane Ike 5607 Heron 2008 2


Short Story - Ike the Hurricane So, Gretchen and I were stuck in the house and it was night time and IKE was in effect. The phone rung and I answered it. It was Elizabeth the Fake. She told me that Aunt Brenda was dead. I didn't feel anything. I never held one conversation with her. She never said one kind word to me in my whole life but she never molested me, stole from me...she didn't make me do anything...that's the Texas I grew up in really - the EXTREMES and nothing in between...but the night IKE came through was amazing!!! The smell, the powerful, flowing wings rolling like waves, the air pulsing with energy!!! I was in love!!! Anyways, I told Gretchen and she took it hard though I couldn't understand why...then I called Sheridan to talk to Gretchen because again, all I ever wanted to do was get far, far away from these people and the constant drama. There was Elizabeth not giving a flying care that her wife of 40 years was dead as a doorknob. With disgust, I watched Gretchen sob over Brenda as if she was Jesus Christ himself there dead on the cross with IKE blowing him down in the heart of Southpark! Damn. -------------- Support me via $ColethaAlbert Like my pages on Facebook: https://www.Facebook.com/TheSeattlePoetColetha

Comments

Popular Posts