Keeping the Faith in everyday life...

Keeping the faith in everyday life despite circumstances is difficult. Notice I did not say can be difficult. You want to always look on the brighter side of life however, the other side must be met head on with courage and dignity.

HOW can it be done though? 

Some face life through a filter of drugs, alcohol and or denial. All of these things are a buffer true enough but can lead to further disaster, missed opportunities and delay addressing core issues that must be dealt with. Meeting circumstances of life head on is an awful drudgery. It is just plain abysmal. It is lonely work and tiresome work but it must be done.

It must be done with tenacity, pure and simple.

What I have found helpful is to just address daily tasks one at a time.

  1. Address paperwork issues one at a time.
  2. Pay bills one at a time.
  3. Develop a simple schedule and stick to it.
  4. Reach out to those who have been encouraging and supportive with notes, thank yous and just thinking about you messages.
  5. Encourage others who may be going through a similar circumstance or who may be distraught over your current situation.
  6. Stay away from junk food and drink plenty of fresh water.
  7. Avoid selfishness, self pity and depression by doing volunteer work, helping others reach a goal where you can and getting out to do some exercise.
  8. Avoid telling total strangers about your current struggles. It is awkward and only makes them uncomfortable. Most people don't know what to say and it puts them on the spot.
  9. Pray, pray, pray - read God's word and pray some more. I have found that lighting candles and just sitting alone and speaking the name of Jesus is very calming especially before chores like laundry and grocery shopping.
  10. Regarding work, there is nothing to do but gut it out. Bosses don't care about your personal issues - don't discuss these, just focus on tasks. If you become overwhelmed with emotions take a break. I usually hide in the ladies room and pray until I am calm again, take a deep breath and march back to my "station" with a smile on my face while repeating "Joy", "Goodness", "Peace", "Strength", "Power",...and other similar words. Before I know it, it is time to go home to shower, get a snack and prepare for the next day.
  11. ANYONE who is toxic - distance yourself from them. Protect yourself.


Resources I have found helpful are:
Psalms 66
Psalms 91
DVD:  My House in Umbria
DVD:  Insomnia
DVD:  Sea People
Healing Power for the Heart by Robert Abel
www.HealingPowerMinistries.com
Psalms 39
and
Anima Christi
Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from the side of Christ, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O Good Jesus, hear me
Within Your Wounds, hide me
Let me never be separated from You
From the evil one, protect me
At the hour of my death, call me
And bid me to come to You
That with your saints, 
I may praise You forever and ever.
Amen.

Anima Christi - RIP Trayvon Martin

Comments

  1. I am reminded that years ago i found a study on "the 7 miracle cancer-cure cases"...These people had become free of cancer and had the following in common: Changed their diet; usually eliminating or considerably reducing sugar, caffeine, smoking and alcohol... became more altruistic and more active in service to larger social circles and for community... increased physical exercise with their concept and relationship to a Higher Power became expanded and more potent...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...for interviews please email coletha.albert@gmail.com. Books are at https://www.blurb.com/colethaa

Popular Posts