Fakery has no Power

Lies hurt.
Okay.
I got lied to.
Okay.
Lies are not real
Okay?
So let the fakery go!
Okay!

Lies by Jonathan Butler
Sweet Dreams by The Eurythmics
Fake by Alexander O'Neal

Yes, I just made up the word fakery rhymes with bakery...smile...I just think so much about the past and about people and institutions like marriage and careers and society... I am just so over lies.  I can be truly hurt if someone tells me their honest feelings I will deal with that. I will make that decision that I need to make with the new information. On the other hand, if someone is manipulating me with a lie, some fake shit, some bullshit - that's okay, sooner or later I am going to find out. When I do, that's a wrap. Liars are not trustworthy. Period.

So, why be hurt over the fake relationship?
So, why be upset about something that was a fantasy all along?
So, why continue in a "reality show" if you are not being paid and getting "swag" out of it?
So, why give another millisecond to some fakery?

Sure, the other person needs you to go along with their foolishness but that is what they want or need, what do YOU want? What do you need?

You Learn by Alanis Morrissette
The truth is gritty and smells. The truth is organic and never what you imagine. Deal with it, that's all.
Never Keeping Secrets by Babyface

I want the ugly, heavy, organic truth over a fake fantasy any day. The truth grows and changes and even multiplies into tangible things. A fantasy with a little pressure just vaporizes....Here is an example; in a fantasy, no one gets sick, no one has to care for anyone else, everything is lovely and beautiful...however, in reality, parents and children get ill - who sits at the hospital? Who brings flowers and soup to care for you? Who do you do this for? The truth celebrates the good and encourages and supports during the not so good.

Another fakery example; As long as I don't need anything at all, this relationship is all good. When I need, this relationship is over until things get better again...this is fakery.

I grew up on the island of Fakery, TX - everything about it was fake. When real issues would arise...when people needed help they were voted off the "island" and never spoken of again. Why be hurt about it?

Do be - it was fake.
It was a lie.

NOW is the time to live life in truth. Feel the reality of life, the heat of real life scorches you and teaches you how to stay cool in the heat. Feel the reality of life, the rain falls and shows you what kind of person you are. Are you like me? When the rain falls, I turn my face to the sky and close my eyes and just enjoy the feel of the raindrops on my face. The raindrops and how they feel tells me I am alive. Others, not like me hate getting wet and real life teaches them how to buy raincoats, bumbershoots, and galoshes... Feel the reality of life, the humidity envelopes you and forces all impurities from your pores from head to toe - all cells become fresh and clean...ahhhh...

I could go on and on and on....the reality of life is even when it is sad at funerals, and anxious during childbirth, and worrying when teens get their driver licenses, and fearful when there is a pain in your body that was not there before.

I remember when I got a "corn" on my toe...OMG...I thought I was going to die! I went to the emergency room and was completely relieved to find that this thing was not going to kill me! For real!  That's the reality of life! Emotions, feelings the very things that most lost folks despise. It makes them uncomfortable...reality makes them uncomfortable...emotions makes them freeze up...however, emotions set me free! Feelings can not be faked! Some folks try but they can't keep it up! LOL!!! I love it!! I love reality!! I love life!!!

For the Cool in You by Babyface
Clean Up Woman - Betty Wright
The Folks Who Live On the Hill - Nancy Wilson
Many men with lofty aims,
Strive for lofty goals,
Others play at smaller games,
Being simpler souls.

I am of the latter brand;
All I want to do,
Is to find a spot of land,
And live there with you.

Someday we'll build a home on a hilltop high,
You and I,
Shiny and new a cottage that two can fill.
And we'll be pleased to be called,
"The folks who live on the hill".

Someday we may be adding a thing or two,
A wing or two.
We will make changes as any fam'ly will,
But we will always be called,
"The folks who live on the hill".

Our veranda will command a view of meadows green,
The sort of view that seems to want to be seen.
And when the kids grow up and leave us,
We'll sit and look at the same old view,
Just we two.
 
Baylor and Coletha who used to be Jack and Jill,
The folks who like to be called,
What they have always been called,
"The folks who live on the hill".


Amen, Amen, Amen! 

Comments

Popular Posts