A Pope Steps Down...

Pope Benedict's final hours as Pope are ticking away quickly...all the while other scandals are emerging...

So what else is new?

People are people are they not?

New International Version (©1984)
But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all men.
New Living Translation (©2007)
But Jesus didn't trust them, because he knew human nature.
English Standard Version (©2001)
But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
But Jesus, on His part, was not entrusting Himself to them, for He knew all men,
Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
Jesus, however, would not entrust Himself to them, since He knew them all
International Standard Version (©2012)
Jesus, however, did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
But Yeshua did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all men,  John 2:24

So, why should we be disappointed by anything that we hear? Well, I must say...I am surprised frequently by my fellow man when they do something so awesome it takes my breath away and it happens every day. It doesn't make headline news though and that's a shame...but I look for the light in this world and there is lots of it, so I never have to look very far...In fact there is an organization for good deeds:

https://www.facebook.com/events/131118017052350/?group_id=0

and then there is good news from around the world:

http://www.goodnewsagency.org/m/issue.php?number=209&lang=en

and daily good news

http://www.dailygood.org/

and last but certainly not least:

http://izismile.com/2012/06/21/when_humans_do_good_25_pics.html

So, I suppose it depends on whether you are having a good day or a bad day = what your perception will be... I understand...I sometimes throw pity parties too. Even then someone smiles at me or I see or hear something so awesome I just have to giggle!!!

If you don't know...I grew up in a fatalist society that was focused on death and destruction for the first twenty years of my life. I survived it because I refused to see their darkness in my world. So, choose ye this day to be happy!! For me, that's the only option...it's a beautiful world - enjoy it today!! God bless and keep you always!!




Comments