What's in a name?


My name is Coletha Yvette.

I was the first girl born to my mother Doris. Then there were two other girls born; Carolyn Ann and Mary Ann.

Now, this is very odd wouldn't you say? Especially as my mother knew a woman who gave birth to a little girl a year before I was born and named her Coletha Yvette. So, she is Coletha Yvette Hemmitt. I am Coletha Yvette Albert.

Coletha Yvette Hemmitt is an Allstate Insurance Agency Owner in Houston, Texas off of Jones Road. Although, I worked at Allstate at the same time Coletha Hemmitt did, I can't stand the insurance game!! BORING...

So, here I am in Seattle, working in Aerospace as a Technical Writer. Some others may feel this is boring...however, unlike insurance which is only thought of in an emergency, technical writers are in all parts of everyday life from the directions on, well, ANYTHING to EVERYTHING! I love that!

My career and my colleagues help people each and every day. That makes me feel relevant, helpful without having to be "visible".  FAB!!!

So, what's in a name? Wouldn't a rose by any other name smell as sweet? - Juliet (Romeo and Juliet, Shakespeare)

Yes, yes and yes...so what's up with my name? I don't know...truthfully. I have tried to get to the bottom of it  from Coletha Hemmitt and her mother - Zilch! Nada! Nothing! I got a lame story from my mother! Crap! I don't believe a word of it...

I think that my mother idolized Coletha's mother, however, meeting the woman - I don't see it. And while, Coletha is a pretty woman - I am gorgeous compared to her. She's has a funny body shape than mine. I just can't see how my mother who was strikingly beautiful could have idolized Coletha Hemmitt's mother so much so to name her daughter after this woman's daughter.

So there you have it! The origin of my name...not inspirational at all...I have lived to make the name my own though! I am the only Coletha in all of Washington state!

The other Coletha can HAVE Texas! Sucka!! Ha!!! :-D

Anyway, if you didn't know - I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, was addicted to laudanum thanks to the women in my family given to them by a nurse at Ben Taub Hospital to make me more controllable. I left Jehovah's Witnesses when I graduated High School and never looked back! I am now a mom of grown sons and grandchildren! I have published three books and 159 articles for Yahoo! I have created over 96 procedures and flowcharts for SAE AS 9100 Aerospace standards.

So, I say to you dear reader - ALL things are possible - good and bad! We all get a healthy helping of not so good but feel skittish about the good sometimes - I say forget that!! Seize the good! Enjoy the good!! Revel in the good!!! NEVER turn down "the good"!

I am writing this blog for all the young people who may be "stuck" in situations fobbed onto them by the adults in their lives - I want you to know I was once in your shoes and I MADE IT!!!  You can too!!! If you would like to contact me with questions, or comments please do so at Coletha.Albert@Gmail.com


Comments

  1. http://missjamied.hubpages.com/hub/To-tell-or-Not-to-tell-your-children-about-their-paternity - And no to this day, I don't know who my biological father is...my mother and her sisters know and none of them are talking. As a matter of fact, they don't want me to know who my family is because I will tell how they treated me - which is very badly. Even so, I survived...ALL Praise to GOD above!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...for interviews please email coletha.albert@gmail.com. Books are at https://www.blurb.com/colethaa