Review: Tidal - What to expect (Chrome Optimized)



UPDATE 4 6/4/15 5:55 PM - TIDAL IS REFUSING TO CANCEL MY 

SUBSCRIPTION  I HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CANCEL SEVERAL TIMES 

YET THIS 

SERVICE CONTINUES TO 

TRY TO STEAL MONEY OUT OF MY 

ACCOUNT.  UNACCEPTABLE.

#SEANCARTER 







TIDAL UPDATE - The recurring nightmare that comes back again and again no matter how many times I unsubscribe - I am pro - iTunes because I believe that TIDAL was created to cast a negative shadow over the artists who signed up with this service, so my question is how much is Sean's payday for betraying these artists including his wife? (...Whom is in Haiti now selling T-Shirts and seeking a powerful Mambo...)




SUBMIT A REQUEST

Premium

Please enter the details of your request. A member of our support staff will respond as soon as possible.

What device are you using?

What DAC are you using?

What operating system are you using?

Oh TIDAL...
Oh TIDAL, I don't like you
You didn't do what I thought you would do
I thought you'd be grand
Import a major plan
To bring back ART to woman and man
Energize my mind
Inspire my talent
I thought you would do this
But simply, you HAVEN'T
And you want me to pay
For all that you ain't
Sorry old bean no dice, no way
I don't want no parts of you
You and I are totally THROUGH
You're a liar a cheat
Your momma's a garden hoe
You didn't back up your Mack
And everybody know
Whew! Ya'll gone make me lose my mind
Up in here
Up in here!
Ya'll gone make me go all out
Up in here
Up in here!
Ya'll gone make me act a FOOL
Up in here
Up in here!!
But I digress, DMX isn't signed to TIDAL!
And I don't want to be subscribed - Cancel my subscription!!
WE ARE OVER.







UPDATE 3 5/6/15 3:15 AM

Your subscription

Subscription successfully cancelled
Thanks for streaming with TIDAL. Your subscription will come to a full stop on 6/5/15.

TIDAL HiFi

Lossless sound quality. $19.99/month
RE-ACTIVATE

TIDAL PREMIUM

Normal sound quality. $9.99/month.
DOWNGRADE

UPDATE 2

Billing Details


You've authorized use of your PayPal account for future payments to TiDAL.
Billing ID*****G
StatusCancelled on May 6, 2015
DescriptionTry+it+out+free+for+30+days%2C+then+keep+listening+for+%2419.99%2Fmonth.+You+can+cancel+your+tri...
Merchant
Business NameTiDAL
Merchant URLhttp://www.tidalhifi.com
Customer Service Emailsupport@tidalhifi.com
Customer Service Phone+46 004495101764
Bill Term
Initiated DateApr 4, 2015
Total Billed Amount$19.99 USD



Update
Email from Tidal:




4/4/15 6:51 PM #RipOff Once you sign up you can not get out of it. I signed up to see Beyoncé's new song...it was bad quality - very amateur. It's like iTunes but limited artists...no new musician spotlights. iTunes is better because I only need buy what I like. I signed up and gave payment data to Tidal and did not like anything, yet they now have my payment information. #RipOff

TODO alt text
I went to the Tidal website from the link on Beyonce's Facebook page.

Right from the beginning it asked for:


  1. A Voucher
  2. A Credit card
  3. Paypal
After I chose between the $9.99 or $19.99 monthly fee.


I entered Paypal data and then signed in using my Twitter account @mscoletha.

A screen comes up for you to decide how you want to interact with the site.  I choose Chrome optimized.

Then, once in, I took a look around.  Did not see any artists that are familiar to me except Beyonce', Usher and MaDonna.


Dashboard is very basic although I like the black and white theme.

Watched the Beyonce' video. (It is amateur and not polished at all.)

My feeling:  "Gotcha!"

I feel like I got ripped off, there isn't a tutorial to tell you how to navigate the site and the only thing that is highlighted is "Exclusives".  

I went to the "Settings" page to see if there is an option to unsubscribe; there wasn't.

I went to search and typed in "Rihanna" just to see what would come up; nothing but audio files, all of which are available on iTunes.  

I looked in the menu for the video option; nothing.

I did sign up for a "Free Trial" - so hopefully, it will not charge me for this forgettable foray.  


I tried to "Contact Tidal" and the page has a lot of contact data including a mailing address in Sweden but no form to request customer service.  



There was no 1-800 number for customer service either.


Perhaps Tidal should be a sharing program for artists only, as MySpace is now.

MySpace is also free.

So, what does Tidal bring to the market that MySpace doesn't?  Nothing as far as I can tell as of yet.  

Caveat:  I did not stream anything.

Purpose:  To change the way that artists are paid for their music and to give them a stable monthly income is my thought.

Final Thought:  
I expected much more - lots of bells and whistles and Jay-Z's voice or someone with a voice like GOD welcoming me to a new musical dimension.  I am disappointed.  Tidal is definitely put together by a business person and NOT an ARTIST which is what I wanted, expected yet have been denied.


Comments

Popular Posts