Albert, Joseph D. - Rest In Peace

 

© Wendy L. Nichols
February 2006

Open Arms


you touched my soul.
You were the missing link,
that made my life whole.

Those beautiful blue eyes,
stare at me in awe.
Gazing at the woman
Who just became your mom.

As days turned to months,
and months turned to years.
I watched you grow,
Facing life's challenges and fighting your fears.

Now that your grown,
you take that next step.
Those years gone by,
in my heart they're kept.

If you get lost along your way,
not sure what to do or what to say.
Know that I'm present in spirit and soul
with open arms and a hand for you always to hold.


Source: http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/mother-to-son-poem-the-day-you-were-born-open-arms#ixzz3UcEUaZqD
Family Friend Poems 


Life is the sum of experiences that we encounter as we go through life. Day to day struggles and triumphs are experienced by all of the world's creatures. As human beings, when we encounter a challenge, we have freedom to choose how to react. Every decision that we make leads us down a different road. We will never come to exactly the same crossroads. Every decision the we make has significance. The tiniest choice that we make reverberates throughout the entire universe.
Source: http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poems/life/#ixzz3UcFOHjhy Family Friend Poems 

© Janet Michael
February 2006

While You Weren't Here


I cried every night
A million tears fell
Still my heart wasn't right

While you weren't here
I did what I could
Hoping against hope
My decisions were good

While you weren't here
I gained some in age
Things just went on
And life turned a page

While you weren't here
I just tried to go on
Knowing what didn't kill me
Would only make me strong

While you weren't here
A whole lot got changed
My life became different
My world rearranged

While you weren't here
I had to learn to be alone
To stand on my two feet
To make my own home

So that's where I am now
At this stage of my life
Still scared and alone
Still coping with strife

And oh how I wish that
Things could be different
That I could go back
To a time in the past

To a time before
You weren't here
Source: http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/while-you-werent-here#ixzz3UcFkQkqa Family Friend Poems 



Thank you Joseph for making me a better person-  Love you forever and always, Momma


Comments